Monday, December 1, 2008

Championship Week

Friday December 5th : 4th Belgian Barista Championships at Kokerello Gent.

Two years ago I participated at the BBC. Everything was new for me, but I learned quickly and by the time I walked off stage I felt ready to start training my Barista's for future championships.

Last year my pupil Bird was one of the favourites for the title, but we failed. Not enough practicing, we didn't bring enough and the right equipment, bad luck and some over confidence killed us.

This year we're back!
And with two weapons in stead of one.

Katrien is a one year pro, but with a very strong determination of getting the very best out of her.
And Jessie is a three year pro, with a fluent style and nice Latte Art skills.
For both participating is much more important than winning, although they wouldn't mind taking the title and representing Belgium at the WBC next year in Atlanta.

Yesterday eve I had final practising sessions with Katrien and tonight with Jessie. In my next post I'll tell you how things went and what preparation we need for a competition like this one. Expect a long post : )

No comments: