Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Remember Leslie Buck


This is for me the most legendary coffee cup ever.
It's called the Anthora and this week in the news because of the death of the inventor : Leslie Buck.

It reminded me at a day in New York city. It was Saint Patricks day, almost day to day 7 years ago. I was strolling around in the city center, on my way to central park 5th avenue, for a good spot to see the parade.
I stopped at a small street booth nearby the park and ordered a coffee to go. I knew this kind of coffee's were mostly undrinkable, but I decided to give it a go anyhow.

The Anthora cup came up the counter and brought a smile on my face. 'This is a legend' I said to myself and then ..... burned my fingers (on the cup).

I think it's a fantastic looking cup with a big history, but without a kraft sleeve/jacket.....

The coffee was so hot that I was already walking on the heights of 72nd before I was able to take a sip without burning my tongue.
It's taste was a big dissapointment and all the effort of walking around with a boiling hot coffee was a waste of time.
But the cup is still in my memories. An icon.

May your soul rest in peace Leslie Buck.

No comments: