Thursday, May 6, 2010

Sunopta buys Trabocca

Here you can read the article from the FD, Dutch Financial Times, in which they tell the story of Menno Simons and his company take over by the Canadian American Sunopta company.

We had a good connection with this Dutch green coffee trader. Menno is a man with a vision, good taste buds and a warm heart for the Ethiopian farmers.
Since I speak the same language and want to see myself the same way I admire this man and company.

Hopefully this ownership change won't do harm to the cup quality of the beans.

Also good read is this article I wrote after our Trabocca offices visit in Addis 2 years ago.

FOLLOW UP FOUR HOURS LATER : I CHECK THE STORY TONIGHT AND HEAR THESE ARE JUST RUMOURS. HOW CAN A PAPER PUBLISH THIS?
I THINK OF DELETING THIS POST TOMORROW.

No comments: